- LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET: Carefully formulated for Gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs. These are key to natural immunity. Limited Ingredient Diet ideal for food sensitivities. Wholesome, healthy Whole Grain Formula.
- WHOLE GRAIN: Made with brown rice (sourced from the USA), a whole grain that retains the nutrient-dense bran and germ layer. This complex carbohydrate including starches and fibers provides sustained energy.
- SKIN & COAT: All-natural Chicken with absolutely no chicken meal by-products, sourced from the USA. An excellent source of protein for healthy muscles, skin, coat, and proper body function.
- ALL BREEDS & LIFE STAGES: Every kibble is designed for puppies, adult dogs and senior dogs of small & large breeds to live and be healthy
- TRUSTED BY ALL: Trusted by top trainers, breeders, police K9 units, and military working dogs.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Based on 40 years of research by Dr. George C. Fahey, the leading expert in gut health.
- WE GIVE BACK: Committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, which has done over 27,000 free spay & neuters in low-income areas.
Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Formula
$19.99 – $69.99
Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Formula
Lucy Pet’s Limited Ingredient Dog Food with Chicken, Brown Rice and Pumpkin is designed for dogs of all ages and sizes, and ideal for dogs with food sensitivities. As a limited ingredient diet, this delicious blend has everything your dog needs, and nothing they don’t. Order yours today!
FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ITEMS SITEWIDE*
(Eligibility is limited to 60 lbs. per order per household per month) *Continental US only, limited time
Lucy Pet’s Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient dog food features healthy whole grains, along with our advanced P.B.F. Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ to produce an optimal environment in the digestive tract that supports proper gut health. Our P.B.F. formulation is based on 40 years of research and studies by Dr. George C Fahey, renowned scientist and expert in animal nutrition.
The number one ingredient in our limited ingredient dog food is chicken, sourced entirely from the USA, with zero chicken meal by-products. Our limited ingredient chicken formula also contains brown rice sourced from the USA to provide clean, sustainable energy. Delicious pumpkin is also added to aid in healthy digestion.
Because this formula is made with limited ingredients, it’s ideal for dogs with food sensitivities. Our chicken and rice for dogs is also naturally preserved and contains all the important vitamins and minerals dogs need to live a healthy life. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ does not contain any ingredients from China.
When transitioning to our higher fiber, low ingredient dog food diet, some noticeable changes in stool value may occur. This reflects a healthier digestive tract. We recommend that transitioning to Lucy Pet foods be done over a five-day period.
As your pet is consuming a higher fiber diet, it is normal to observe an increased consumption of drinking water on a regular basis. Water is very important to overall health. Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your pet.
What Makes Lucy Pet The Best Chicken-Based Limited Ingredient Dog Food?
Our recipe is carefully formulated for gut health, digestive health and sensitive stomachs. It contains all-natural Chicken as the first ingredient. You won’t find any chicken by-products in this formula. Real chicken is combined with brown rice, sourced from the USA, to provide pets with a nutrient-dense source of energy. Finally, we top it all off with delicious pumpkin to help aid in healthy digestion.
- Includes Lucy Pet’s unique Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ blend for gut health, a unique, high-quality mix of fiber sources including brown rice, pumpkin, flaxseed, beet pulp and more.
- A Limited Ingredient Diet, ideal for dogs with food sensitivities.
- Made with real chicken as the first ingredient (no chicken by-products), this formula is a premium protein dog food you can be proud to feed your pet.
- Combines a superfood blend of antioxidants, along with our proprietary prebiotic fiber blend, to support a healthy immune system.
- Our chicken and rice for dogs is a complete and balanced food for all life stages, including the growth of large dogs.
- Every purchase helps animals in need by contributing to the Lucy Pet Foundation, so you can feel great feeding your best friend and helping others who need a paw.
|Dimensions||31.416 × 14.75 × 4.25 in|
12-lb bag, 25-lb bag, 4.5-lb bag
When Choosing a Chicken and Brown Rice Diet
When you begin feeding Lucy Pet’s Limited Ingredient dog food with chicken and brown rice, it’s important to make a proper transition from your pet’s previous diet. While your pet is transitioning to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life™ diet, please be sure to follow the suggested guidelines below.
How to Transition to Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™
The key to switching foods is to do it gradually, so your dog’s digestive system can adapt to our formula and nutrients. Start by replacing 20-25% of the current food you are feeding with Lucy Pet Formulas for Life. Each day, gradually increase the amount of new food and decrease the amount of the former food until your pet is eating only the new diet.
If your pet tends to have a sensitive stomach, allow up to 10-14 days to fully transition to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life (TM)
In some instances, a pet can experience soft stools during the first week when you switch and transition to any new food. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life, digest easily and most pets transition smoothly. However, if your pet’s stool becomes loose, it may be necessary to transition more gradually to the new diet.
Be sure to temporarily eliminate any treats or wet food for the first few days, and follow feeding guidelines closely. Lucy Pet diets may require different feeding quantities than the food you were previously feeding.
How to Determine Feeding Portions
Utilize the feeding guideline chart below to reference the total recommended cups per day. Divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day, to determine the portion size for each meal.
Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your dog. Remember that water is an essential nutrient for your dog. Always allow your pet to eat in peace, so they can relax and enjoy their food.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup):
Note these are ONLY guidelines. Adjust to keep your dog in ideal body condition. The total daily amount can be divided into more than one feeding per day.
|Adult Weight in pounds||Daily Feeding Amount in standard 8oz cups|
|up to 10||up to 1 cup|
|10 to 20||1 – 1 1/2 cups|
|20 to 30||1 1/2 – 2 cups|
|30 to 40||2 – 2 1/2 cups|
|40 to 60||2 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups|
|60 to 80||3 1/2 – 4 1/3 cups|
|80 to 100||4 1/3 – 5 cups|
|For every 10 lb over 100||5 cups+ an additional 1/3 cup per 10lbs of body weight|