Chicken, Brown Rice and Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Cat 4 Lb
- LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET: Carefully formulated for Gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs. These are key to natural immunity. Limited Ingredient Diet ideal for food sensitivities. Wholesome, healthy Whole Grain Formula.
- WHOLE GRAIN: Made with brown rice (sourced from the USA), a whole grain that retains the nutrient-dense bran and germ layer. This complex carbohydrate including starches and fibers provides sustained energy.
- SKIN & COAT: All-natural Chicken with absolutely no chicken meal by-products, sourced from the USA. An excellent source of protein for healthy muscles, skin, coat, and proper body function.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Based on 40 years of research by Dr. George C. Fahey, the leading expert in gut health.
- WE GIVE BACK: Committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, which has done over 27,000 free spay & neuters in low-income areas.
- MADE IN OUR OWN PLANT: Lucy Pet owns the Breeder’s Choice Pet Foods plant, which has been making quality foods in California for over 75 years.
Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient Diet Formula
Lucy Pet’s Limited Ingredient cat Food with Chicken, Brown Rice, and Pumpkin is designed for cats of all ages and sizes and is ideal for Cats with food sensitivities. As a limited ingredient diet, this delicious blend has everything your cat needs, and nothing they don’t. Order yours today!
Lucy Pet’s Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Limited Ingredient cat food features healthy whole grains, along with our advanced P.B.F. Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ to produce an optimal environment in the digestive tract that supports proper gut health. Our P.B.F. formulation is based on 40 years of research and studies by Dr. George C Fahey, renowned scientist and expert in animal nutrition.
The number one ingredient in our limited ingredient cat food is chicken, sourced entirely from the USA, with zero chicken meal by-products. Our limited ingredient chicken formula also contains brown rice sourced from the USA to provide clean, sustainable energy. Delicious pumpkin is also added to aid in healthy digestion.
Because this formula is made with limited ingredients, it’s ideal for cats with food sensitivities. Our chicken and rice for cats are also naturally preserved and contains all the important vitamins and minerals cats need to live a healthy life. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ does not contain any ingredients from China.
As your pet is consuming a higher fiber diet, it is normal to observe an increased consumption of drinking water on a regular basis. Water is very important to overall health. Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your pet.
What Makes Lucy Pet The Best Chicken-Based Limited Ingredient cat Food?
Our recipe is carefully formulated for gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs. It contains all-natural Chicken as the first ingredient. You won’t find any chicken by-products in this formula. Real chicken is combined with brown rice, sourced from the USA, to provide pets with a nutrient-dense source of energy. Finally, we top it all off with delicious pumpkin to help aid in healthy digestion.
- Includes Lucy Pet’s unique Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ blend for gut health, a unique, high-quality mix of fiber sources including brown rice, pumpkin, flaxseed, beet pulp, and more.
- A Limited Ingredient Diet, ideal for cats with food sensitivities.
- Made with real chicken as the first ingredient (no chicken by-products), this formula is a premium protein cat food you can be proud to feed your pet.
- Combines a superfood blend of antioxidants, along with our proprietary prebiotic fiber blend, to support a healthy immune system.
- Our chicken and rice for cats is a complete and balanced food for all life stages
- Every purchase helps animals in need by contributing to the Lucy Pet Foundation, so you can feel great feeding your best friend and helping others who need a paw.
|Dimensions||8.75 × 4.00 × 13.00 in|
How to Transition to Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™ Feeding Guidelines
The key to switching foods is to do it gradually, so your cat’s digestive system can adapt to our formula and nutrients. Start by replacing 20-25% of the current food you are feeding with Lucy Pet Formulas for Life. Each day, gradually increase the amount of new food and decrease the amount of the former food until your pet is eating only the new diet.
If your cat tends to have a sensitive stomach, allow up to 10-14 days to fully transition to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life (TM)
In some instances, a pet can experience soft stools during the first week when you switch and transition to any new food. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life, digest easily and most cats transition smoothly. However, if your pet’s stool becomes loose, it may be necessary to transition more gradually to the new diet.
Be sure to temporarily eliminate any treats or wet food for the first few days, and follow feeding guidelines closely. Lucy Pet diets may require different feeding quantities than the food you were previously feeding.
How to Determine Feeding Portions
Every cat is a little different, feeding amount may vary with age, size, activity level, breed and environment, and health. Utilize at the feeding guideline chart below to reference the total recommended cups per day. Divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your cat per day, to determine the portion size for each meal.
Most indoor cats are less active, so to maintain an ideal weight, do not overfeed your cat. Adjust feeding guidelines according to your cat’s age, activity level, and environment.
As kittens are in growth mode, they may be free-fed to support their healthy weight growth and appropriate weight gain. If you have a newly weaned kitten, it may be helpful to moisten our kibble with warm water.
Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your cat. Remember that water is an essential nutrient for your cat. Always allow your cat to eat in peace, so they can relax and enjoy their food.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup):
(Standard measuring cup holds approximately 4.2 oz (120 g) of Lucy Pet Salmon, Pumpkin and Quinoa Formula)
Note these are ONLY guidelines. Adjust to keep your cat in ideal body condition. The total daily amount can be divided into more than one feeding per day.
|Adult Weight in pounds||Daily Feeding Amount in standard 8 oz cups|
|up to 4||up to 1/4|
|4 to 7||1/4 to 1/3|
|7 to 10||1/3 to 1/2|
|10 to 13||1/2 to 2/3|
|13 to 16||2/3 to 3/4|
Cats over 16lbs: Add ¼ cup (30g) for each additional 2 lbs of body weight.
Growth of Kittens: Keep food available to kittens at all times. Adjust to maintain body condition. Total may be divided into multiple feedings.
Reproduction: Depending on litter size, feeding needs maybe 2 to 4 times normal adult amounts. Always adjust to maintain body condition
Calorie content: This food contains 3,950 kcal/kg or 550 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).
Chicken, chicken meal, brown rice, turkey meal, chicken fat (preserved
with mixed tocopherols), dried pumpkin, dried carrots, brewers dried
yeast, oatmeal, fish oil, natural flavor, dried miscanthus grass,
flaxseeds, dried chicory root, DL-methionine, dried kelp, salt,
potassium chloride, dried cranberries, dried parsley, vitamins (vitamin
E supplement, niacin, thiamine, mononitrate, vitamin A supplement,
pyridoxine hydrochloride, D-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin supplement,
vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement. folic acid, biotin),
minerals (zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese
proteinate, sodium selenite, calcium iodate), taurine, choline
chloride, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, mixed tocopherols (preservative),
L-carnitine, turmeric, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract, green
tea extract, spearmint extract.
|CRUDE PROTEIN||33.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||15.0% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||5.0% max|
|ZINC||100 ppm min|
|VITAMIN E||40 IU/kg min|
|OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS||0.5% min|
|OMEGA-6 FATTY ACIDS||3.0% min|
3,600 kcal/kg, 500 kcal/cup Grams per cup: 137.4g
AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles
Lucy Pet™ Formulas for Life™ Chicken, Brown Rice & Pumpkin Formula Cat Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages.
Since our formula is complete and balanced, Lucy Pet recommends that you do not add vitamins, minerals, or any other supplements, except upon the advice of a veterinarian.
There are no reviews yet.