Lucy Pet is a family owned, independent company based in Thousand Oaks, California. Our President and founder, Joey Herrick also founded The Lucy Pet Foundation, whose mission is to reduce pet overpopulation and the euthanasia of over 80,000 cats and dogs per week in the United States.
“Lucy” is the name of a female Chihuahua mix who been out on her own for a long time. She was found completely covered with dirt, toenails curling under, tire marks on her back and malnourished. A few weeks after she was adopted, she gave birth to a litter. Lucy and her pups became the inspiration for The Lucy Pet Foundation. Today Lucy lives with our founder Joey Herrick and his family. Her story also helped inspire our first product line of shampoos. Lucy is featured on the label of our “Berry Berry Smellicious” Shampoo and Leave-In Conditioning Spray, also on the front of our Formulas for Life ™ dog food bag.
Everyone at Lucy Pet loves animals. Our pets come to work with us, including Joey’s rescue pets “Surfin’ Jack”, “Ricky the Rescue” cat and his sidekick, “Ethel Moustacha”.
At Lucy Pet, we put as much love and care into our unique and colorful packaging as we do in the products themselves. We are serious about improving the lives of dogs and cats through innovative products with the latest advancements for health and well-being.
We believe that every pet deserves the very best. Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life ™ are made with high quality ingredients are sourced globally from reputable suppliers we know and trust and have worked with for years. We do not source any ingredients from China. Our food formulas contain no duck by-products, no salmon by-products, no chicken by-products, no corn, wheat or soy, and no artificial preservatives, flavors or coloring. All our products, from food, litter and shampoos and conditioners are manufactured in American facilities, providing jobs for Americans.
- Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™ Dog and Cat foods with natural ingredients using new, advanced science with our exclusive P.B.F. Prebiotic Balanced Fiber for a healthy digestive system to feed the entire body in a truly unique way.
- Lucy Pet Cats Incredible litter for Cats: With patent-pending breakthrough technology that stops dangerous ammonia from forming in the litter box.
- Lucy Pet Shampoo and Leave-in Conditioners– Precisely pH formulated for advanced cleansing, nourishing and conditioning of the skin and coat.
Our Formulas for Life ™ dog and cat foods are made with truth in labeling, honesty in formulations and attention to detail. Our Quality Assurance Program gives you peace of mind that what you feed your cat or dog is safe with the highest quality. The health and safety of your pet are our top priority. We check every production run of our products before distribution so that you can be assured they meet our strict Quality Assurance Standards. If you are not satisfied, bring your receipt and the unused portion back to the place of purchase for a full refund or exchange, Our products can be found in pet specialty stores across the USA and are exported worldwide.
Our Commitment to Helping Animals: Products With A Cause
We are committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, whose mission is to reduce pet overpopulation and support other animal welfare causes. If you would like to make a donation to the Lucy Pet Foundation click here
Members of the Lucy Pet sales team volunteer at the Lucy Pet Foundation mobile spay & neuter bus. “Products With A Cause” means we are all committed to helping stop the 80,000 dogs and cats that are euthanized every week in our country. If you would like to volunteer with the Lucy Pet Foundation click here.
Our Commitment to the Environment
Wherever possible we strive to reuse, recycle and reduce our impact on the environment.
- Our Grooming Products are made in a 100% solar powered facility in California.
- Our Cats Incredible™ Litter for Cats is made in the USA and follows environmentally friendly procedures.
- We source ingredients globally from reputable suppliers we know and trust who follow sustainable practices, including responsible manufacturing practices. We do not source any ingredients from China.
- All of our product packagings is recyclable and non-pollutant, so please recycle when you can.
Our Commitment to You
All of our products are manufactured in American facilities, providing jobs for Americans.
Our Commitment to a Strong Pet Specialty Channel
We know that consumers depend on their local pet specialty retailer to find innovative products, and advice to care for their pet. Lucy Pet is committed to supporting the pet specialty brick and mortar retail stores continue to thrive to be a trusted destination for pet parents. That’s why our products are available exclusively to pet specialty focused retailers.
Raising Awareness of Rescues
Surfin’ Jack and Ricky the Rescue Cat are our brand ambassadors; both were adopted from local shelters. With loyal followings on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, they’re on a mission to help shelter pets everywhere get a second chance.
- Surfin’ Jack’s fun-loving personality was the inspiration for the Surfin’ Jack Moisturizing Coconut Shampoo and Leave-In Conditioning Sprays. Jack is featured on the bag of our Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™ and our Lucy Pet’s Surfin Jack grooming products.
- Ricky the Rescue Cat is featured on the bags for Cats Incredible™ Litter for Cats™ and our Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™.
- Lucy is featured on the label of our “Berry Berry Smellicious” Shampoo and Leave-In Conditioning Spray.
“We are proud to support PIJAC as a member of the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.”
We are proud members of WPA World Pet Association.
“We are committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, whose mission is to reduce pet overpopulation and support other animal welfare causes.”