Job Title: Lucy Pet Products Territory Sales Representative: Pacific Northwest , New England, Texas/South, New York/New Jersey
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION WITH TRAVEL ACROSS MULTIPLE STATES.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Retail Sales, Pet Industry preferred 1 year, Outside Sales: 1 year
Reports to: EVP Sales
The Lucy Pet Products Territory Sales Representative is responsible for increasing sales and driving growth for Lucy Pet Products through two primary areas of responsibility:
- Engage with retail store employees to educate them about Lucy Pet Products, ensure strong shelf display inline.
- Engage with retail consumers to influence the purchase of Lucy Pet Products through selling features and benefits, telling the Lucy brand story and educating consumers on the quality and versatility of use of our products.
Part of the Sales Representative job is to circulate around the store, approaching consumers engaging, asking open-ended questions to determine what to suggest and to allow shoppers to experience our products. Ultimately, the Sales Representative’s ability to build relationships and recommendations with retailers, and establish trust and credibility with the consumer will result in sales growth via their activities. Principal Accountabilities The Lucy Pet Products Sales Representative is assigned to a group of stores in an area and has accountability for the following:
- Responsible and accountable to visit on average, 6-8 retail pet stores per day.
- Engage with retail store employees to build relationships and educate about Lucy Pet Products.
- Ensure strong inline shelf display placement.
- Develop positive relationships with pet store personnel.
- Deliver consistent sales results by actively engaging with customers.
- Exercise advanced interpersonal skills in actively approaching and engaging all available consumers resulting in sales growth and meeting targets.
- Use open-ended questions and listen to identify consumer preferences.
- Develop the product knowledge necessary, through the use of provided tools to recommend and sell appropriate products.
- Willingness to follow specified scripts and practices as defined by management to ensure consistency in a message to all consumers/retailers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mission Critical Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Sales focused
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Apply by sending your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org