- LIMITED INGREDIENT DIET: Carefully formulated for Gut health, digestive health, and sensitive stomachs. These are key to natural immunity. Limited Ingredient Diet ideal for food sensitivities. Grain-Free Formula.
- SKIN & COAT: All-natural Duck meat with absolutely no duck by-products, sourced from France and the USA. An excellent source of protein for healthy muscles, skin, coat, and proper body function.
- ALL BREEDS & LIFE STAGES: Every kibble is designed for puppies, adult dogs and senior dogs of small & large breeds to live and be healthy
- TRUSTED BY ALL: Trusted by top trainers, breeders, police K9 units, and military working dogs.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Based on 40 years of research by Dr. George C. Fahey, the leading expert in gut health.
- WE GIVE BACK: Committed to helping animals by donating to the Lucy Pet Foundation, which has done over 27,000 free spay & neuters in low-income areas.
Duck and Potato Limited Ingredient Diet
$19.99 – $69.99
- Includes Lucy Pet’s special Prebiotic Balanced Fiber blend for gut health—A variety of blended high-quality fiber sources, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, flaxseed, dried kelp, dried chicory root, pumpkin, and ground miscanthus grass. Having a diverse population of fiber provides nourishment for the gut bacteria, which in turn nourishes the entire body.
- Made with real duck as the first ingredient, for a protein-packed food you can be proud to feed your pet.
- Complex superfood blend of ingredients and antioxidant nutrients support a healthy immune system.
- Complete and balanced food for all life stages—including the growth of large dogs.
- Every purchase helps animals in need by contributing to the Lucy Pet Foundation, so you can feel great feeding your pal and helping others who need a paw.
Lucy Pet Duck and Potato Grain Free Limited Ingredient Diet Formula™ features our advanced P.B.F. Prebiotic Balanced Fiber™ to produce an optimal environment in the digestive tract to lead to an optimal balance in the gut. This Limited Ingredient Diet is made with a single source duck protein and limited carbohydrate sources. Grain-Free, Limited Ingredient Diets can be an excellent choice for dogs with food sensitivities. The number one ingredient is duck meat from France and USA, with absolutely no duck by-products. A blend of potatoes and sweet potatoes made from premium quality whole fresh potatoes from the EU and whole sweet potatoes from the USA. These grain-free carbohydrate sources supply sustained energy. A good source of dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This formula includes a superfood blend of ingredients naturally preserved. No ingredients from China, including vitamins and minerals.
When transitioning to our higher fiber diet, some noticeable changes in stool value may occur. This reflects a more healthy digestive tract. We recommend that transitioning be done over a five day period. Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your pet.
As your pet is consuming a higher fiber diet, it is normal to observe an increased consumption of drinking water on a regular basis. Water is an essential nutrient and is very important to overall health.
|Dimensions||31.416 × 14.75 × 4.25 in|
12-lb bag, 25-lb bag, 4.5-lb bag
How to Transition to Lucy Pet Formulas for Life ™
The key to switching foods is to do it gradually, so your dog’s digestive system can adapt to our formula and nutrients. Start by replacing 20-25% of the current food you are feeding with Lucy Pet Formulas for Life. Each day, gradually increase the amount of new food and decrease the amount of the former food until your pet is eating only the new diet.
If your pet tends to have a sensitive stomach, allow up to 10-14 days to fully transition to Lucy Pet’s Formulas for Life™
In some instances, a pet can experience soft stools during the first week when you switch and transition to any new food. Lucy Pet Formulas for Life, digest easily and most pets transition smoothly. However, if your pet’s stool becomes loose, it may be necessary to transition more gradually to the new diet.
Be sure to temporarily eliminate any treats or wet food for the first few days, and follow feeding guidelines closely. Lucy Pet diets may require different feeding quantities than the food you were previously feeding.
How to Determine Feeding Portions
Utilize at the feeding guideline chart below to reference the total recommended cups per day. Divide the total cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day, to determine the portion size for each meal.
Be sure that a bowl of fresh water is always available to your dog. Remember that water is an essential nutrient for your dog. Always allow your pet to eat in peace, so they can relax and enjoy their food.
Recommended Feeding Portions (Based on a standard 8 oz dry measuring cup):
Note these are ONLY guidelines. Adjust to keep your dog in ideal body condition. Total daily amount can be divided into more than one feeding per day.
|Adult Weight in pounds||Daily Feeding Amount in standard 8oz cups|
|up to 10||1|
|10 to 20||1 to 1 1/2|
|20 to 30||1 1/2 to 2|
|30 to 40||2 to 2 1/2|
|40 to 60||2 1/2 to 3 1/2|
|60 to 80||3 1/2 to 4|
|80 to 100||4 to 4 3/4|
|For every 10 lb over 100||add 1/3 cup|
Growth of Puppies: Feed puppies up to twice the adult recommendations daily.Adjust to maintain body condition. Total may be divided into multiple feedings.
Reproduction: Depending on litter size, feeding needs maybe up to 4 times normal adult amounts. Always adjust to maintain body condition.
A small increase is needed during the first 6 weeks. Increase the amount fed up to 25% during weeks 7, 8, and 9.
Immediately after whelping, the nutritional demand increases by 50% compared to maintenance levels. We recommend feeding in 3 equal meals per day.
Calorie Content (Calculated): This food contains 3,470 kcal/kg or 360 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).
AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles
Lucy Pet Formulas for Life™ Duck and Potato Limited Ingredient Diet Formula Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance, including the growth of large size dogs (70 lbs or more as an adult).
Since our formula is complete and balanced, Lucy Pet recommends that you do not add vitamins, minerals, or any other supplements, except upon the advice of a veterinarian.
Duck, dried potatoes, duck meal, dried sweet potatoes, duck fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), potato protein, pumpkin, ground miscanthus grass, natural flavor, flaxseeds, fish oil, dried chicory root, DL-methionine, salt, potassium chloride, dried kelp, choline chloride, vitamins (vitamin E supplement, niacin, D-calcium pantothenate, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid), L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, taurine, minerals (ferrous sulfate, zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, iron proteinate, sodium selenite, copper proteinate, manganese sulfate, manganese proteinate, calcium iodate), mixed tocopherols (preservative), citric acid (preservative), L-carnitine, turmeric, yucca schidigera extract, rosemary extract.
Digestion: A variety of blended high-quality fiber sources, including potatoes, sweet potatoes, flaxseed, dried kelp, dried chicory root, pumpkin, and ground miscanthus grass. Having a diverse population of fiber provides nourishment for the gut bacteria, which in turn nourishes the entire body.
Immunity: Superfood blend of ingredients plus antioxidant nutrients supports a healthy immune system.
Skin & Coat Health: We guarantee Omega-3 Fatty Acid levels from natural ingredients including flaxseed, duck fat and Vitamin E.
Energy: High-quality Duck fat from France, plus varied carbohydrate sources for energy.
Delicious: We use high-quality proteins from Duck and Duck Meal from France, with no duck by-products, and no artificial flavors. Pumpkin and added duck fat adds to a delicious taste
|CRUDE PROTEIN||22.0% min|
|CRUDE FAT||14.0% min|
|CRUDE FIBER||7.0% max|
|ZINC||110 ppm min|
|VITAMIN E||50 IU/kg min|
|OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS||0.3% min|
|OMEGA-6 FATTY ACIDS||2.0% min|
3,525 kcal/kg, 395 kcal/cup